2 OZ SCC SLICK DRIVETRAIN TREATMENT
Simple to use and delivers minimal friction with superior long-lasting durability in all-weather conditions.
SLICK INCORPORATES A DETERGENT ADDITIVE THAT WORKS ITS WAY DEEPER INTO YOUR CHAIN AS YOU RIDE, REMOVING THE CONTAMINATION TRAPPED IN MICRO-CREVICES AND FLOATING IT TO THE SURFACE OF THE OUTER LINKS, WHICH MEANS RIDING YOUR BIKE HAS BECOME AN EFFECTIVE STEP IN THE CLEANING PROCESS. THE RESULT? IMPROVED DRIVETRAIN PERFORMANCE OVER LONGER PERIODS OF TIME, IN EVERY CONDITION.
DO NOT PRECLEAN WITH DEGREASERS OR SOLVENTS!
1. COAT EACH LINK
2. THEN RUN THROUGH ALL YOUR GEARING COMBINATIONS.
3. WIPE YOUR ENTIRE DRIVETRAIN THOROUGHLY AND AGGRESSIVELY WITH AN ABSORBENT RAG OR MICROFIBER CLOTH.
Remember you are doing more than just wiping off excess lube, you are cleaning your chain. This process is removing previously used lubes, solvents, degreasers and debris picked up in all your previous rides.
WHEN YOU'RE DONE YOUR CHAIN SHOULD LOOK CLEAN WITH A SLIGHT SHEEN
ON GOING MAINTENANCE
TO KEEP YOUR DRIVETRAIN RUNNING SMOOTH AND CLEAN SIMPLY WIPE YOUR CHAIN, CHAINRINGS, AND CASSETTE IN-BETWEEN RIDES. IF ANY PART OF YOUR DRIVETRAIN APPEARS "GREASY" OR DIRTY, SIMPLY WIPE CLEAN DO NOT REAPPLY OR USE DEGREASERS OR CLEANERS - WHEN APPLIED AND MAINTAINED PROPERLY SCC SLICK DOES NOT GUNK UP OR ATTRACT DIRT & DEBRIS
- A Smoother Functioning Drivetrain- Enhanced chain performance that increases with every ride
- Silent and Responsive shifting
- Lube Less - Extended intervals between re-application (typically 3x - 5x longer than other chain lubrication / chain coating products)
- Clean Less Frequently and in Less Time - SCC SLICK's cleaning and lubricating properties actively remove contamination from your chain requiring only quick, periodic wipe-downs between rides. Deep cleanings go faster with minimal use of harsh drivetrain cleaners and degreasers
- Minimized buildup on chain rings, cassette, and derailleur pulleys
- SCC SLICK contains 4 main elements:
- A high-quality synthetic lubricant with a special additive that has a bonding, chemical affinity for metal (think of it like a chemical magnet). The lube stays slick, and on the chain where you need it.
- A Penetrant capable of reaching into millionth-inch spaces
- A Detergent that floats away contaminants trapped in the micro-crevises of the chain while your ride and brings them to the surface
- A Dispersant that prevents re-adherence new contaminants into the inner workings of the chain. This makes cleaning as easy as wiping the chain as opposed to the time-consuming and dirty practices of using heavy chemicals and degreasers